Friday, August 21, 2009

College

So far college has been alright. Yesterday, moving in, I didn't really notice being quite so scared until I had nothing to do, but by then I was tired and wanted to sleep...which took a while. Today I woke up and just broke down. Thankfully my roommate is really nice and helped calm me down. Through out the day I've wanted to breakdown but was in a group of people and didn't want to do it then. After the group activities I actually felt pretty confidant. It's weird, I will be completely confidant one moment the next i am absolutely terrified, and I don't know why. I know I'll be fine, the classes I can handle, I've made some new friends, one of which might join one of the groups I'm looking into, so nothing to fear, but I just want to breakdown or feel terrified. It SUCKS! Thankfully one of my best friends from high school is only a text away as is my mom. And I have e-mail, so keeping in touch no problem. And seeing my mom will be easy enough, she lives only a few hours away and we already have vacations planned, so it's not that. Seeing my friend is a little harder, but I'll try to make that work. I kind of hate how much time we have in between when we move in and when we start classes. Just more time for the anxiety to build up. It's like a shot, you get all this anxiety built up and then it's sort of anti-climatic. But anyway, one of the classes I have is a student success group, the one I did activities with today and will continue tomorrow, is a big help already. It's a really small class, only 6 people, so you an get to know people in there.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it sucks. And I can keep telling you it will get better but until it actually does, you won't believe me. No matter what or how you feel, I will always love you. Maybe that will at least make you smile on the inside, even if you don't feel you can smile on the outside. :)

    ReplyDelete