Me and a friend went to Crue Fest 2, and like Washington D.C. I wrote a journal on it... I have a journal on Aerosmith, which was 2 days before that I'll post later.
Crue Fest 2 was awesome!!! I’d been looking forward to it since mid- June when I had first heard about it. I started planning how I was going to manage to go since it was a weekday and mom couldn’t take me nor come with me so I figured if mom wanted me to go with someone I’d take my best friend Amy. Mom reluctantly agreed, now all I had to do was get a ride, after one ride plan didn’t work out, Ted said he’d take us…so I got tickets and waited for near 3 months. It was worth every second!
We got there around 2:40 so we managed to get pretty close to the front of the line to the gates. Waited until about 3:30 and went over to the second stage they had recently added to the line-up. Didn’t really pay attention to the band playing and went straight for the Monster energy drinks they were handing out. After that we went to the venders and got our shirts and wrist bands, got something to drink then waited in line to get into the amphitheater. We didn’t have to wait long for the first band, Charm City Devils, to start playing.
They were really good, no idea what to expect from them as I had never heard of them, but they rocked and managed to get the crowd pumped up. The leader singer looked like a kid I saw walking down the hallways in high school and the entire band didn’t look like they were late teens early 20’s. But they sounded good, so I might have to go and find their album…
After Charm City Devils, Drowning Pool appeared and they kicked ass! Loud fast, and aggressive as soon as they hit the stage. Amy kept looking at the lead singer. Unfortunately I don’t remember much of their set except for them ending with ‘Bodies’ which everyone sung along to. Then entire crowd was really pumped up, me and Amy included. Theory of a Dead Man came out and compared to Drowning Pool, sounded a little weak. Not quite as hard hitting nor loud as the previous band. Amy and I quickly grew bored and instead of listening to the band focused on a girl in front of us who looked like she drank a little too much or had done something she wasn’t supposed to do. Just a few minutes before Theory came on she was trying to get in a comfortable position to sleep I guess, which is near impossible in the seats we were in and as soon as the band started she was hunched over. Her friends called a medic and about half way through Theory she was wheeled out. By the time the concert was over we saw about 5 people get wheeled out and a couple guys get chased by security, which was kind of amusing. Once they wheeled the girl in front of us out, Amy and I sat there bored commenting how Theory should have gone before Drowning Pool because it kind of killed the vibe and excitement a little bit.
Godsmack – Awake, 37 Stitches, I Stand Alone, Voodoo, an amazing drum solo! Unfortunately I was too wrapped up in the music and show to actually remember much of this part…but they had it down. The pyrotechnics were awesome, they had the fireworks and fire that started in one corner of a platform and crawled across to the other side. Timing couldn’t have been better when they used it, I know they rehearse but they had it down. And the drum solo, Sully and Godsmack’s drummer, I don’t know his name, had their drums sitting on rotating platforms, that moved in any direction, it was rather funny watching them move around the stage and turn as they played drums.
Motley Crue was the best by far! Opened with Dr. Feelgood and had the stage set up so it looked like they were coming out of a sanitarium, a padded room. Loved it! Mick was a lot more active than I thought he would be and his solo’s were amazing. I love how he plays guitar. Once they had the entire stage, after they finished Dr. Feelgood, Nikki ran all over as did Vince, Mick wandered around but liked to stay in his little corner. At the end of the their first performance and the end of the Dr. Feelgood album, they all wandered off, me and Amy thought it was done though it was way before 11…and we started wondering whether we should call out ride to pick us up early but Mick came back on and did a kick ass guitar solo, the first half he used an acoustic guitar and used his blues roots a little more and the second half he used his electric guitar and blew our ears off. The rest of Motley came back on and they played a song I can’t remember…then disappeared again. At this point people came out and started to alter the set. They had a couple people on the front of the stage with saw grinding on a piece of metal making sparks fly. Once the set had been changed they came on again and played Girls, Girls, Girls, Shout at the Devil, Wild Side, and Home Sweet Home. Amy had no idea Tommy played the piano and was amazed as he played it for Home Sweet Home. At the end Tommy came out with his usual bottle of Jagermeister, took a swig then passed it around the audience in the pit. He then chatted with the crowd and was his goofy self. The rest of Motley joined him and he proceeded to thank everyone in the crowd one by one before screaming “Thank You!” and bowing. Me and Amy were hyper and giddy, it was by far the best concert I’ve ever seen…though I’ve only been to two that I can remember (I’ve been to more but I was too young to remember a thing about them). It’s going to take a lot to top that show.
Best part though was when we were leaving the theater, I glanced over to my right and thought I saw Dj Ashba, and in the dumbest sounding voice looked at him and said “Ashba?” to which he turned around smiled and said “Oh, Hi!” before leaving. I am still giddy from that.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Crue Fest 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God that was fun. DOn't have long, gotta run to work in 2 minutes, but boy howdy that was fun!
ReplyDelete