This past weekend was Family Weekend at the University here and Mom, Amy, and Ted came up to visit. Friday just Mom and Amy came up and we immediately went to get dinner at Chili's. After that we all went to bed. Amy slept in my dorm in my butterfly chair... I do not know how she managed to get comfy. Saturday we got up around 10-ish and went to breakfast and Mom and Amy got to discover the joy that is Washakie Dining Hall. Mom got syrup which was stringy. Stringy like melted cheese... Syrup should not be stringy... Hence why I keep away from it. Afterwards we just started walking around campus, Ted arrived around 11 and I showed them where all my classes are, or at least the buildings as they were all closed. Poor mom wanted a drink but all the vending machines are inside the buildings and I completely forgot about the one outside of the A&S building until now. Sorry mom! After exploring campus we went to Hastings, because in Laramie there's not a whole lot to do... Which is kind of nice but kind of not. We went back to our dorm/ hotel room and chilled until dinner. We went to the Cavalryman Dinner Club, don't go there. The Food was good, really tender steaks but the service sucked and we were there a good 2 hours. Which would have been OK had it not been waiting for a server to come over and then waiting some more for our food. We went back to our dorm/ hotel room and me and Amy went to Wal-Mart, because she needed a watch and we were bored, then back to Hastings, where much fun ensued if only due to our sleep-deprived minds and lack of balance. Stupid Spider Monkey thing!
Sunday we got up around 9 to the sound of my phone vibrating, it's LOUD... I thought the whole point of vibrate was so that you could feel your phone instead of hear it, oh well. Anyways, We got up and went to breakfast at Village Inn, then said out good-byes and they left. I went back upstairs to my dorm and crashed until 1. I got up and did a little homework.
This morning sucked because I had a test at 8 a.m. And I'm pretty sure I flunked it. Joy. I hate Mondays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the penguins on your blog here...
ReplyDeleteSorry random! Was a great weekend! U get to come ehre next!