So I went out with a guy I met to see District 9. Started out good enough, good use of different camera angles and points of view...Then it turned into a gore/ slasher movie. Fingernails falling out, people getting shocked/ electrocuted to shoot other people. We left just as someone was about to get dissected alive or something to that effect. What is it with movies and being slasher or gore? I don't get it, a lot of movies now a days have that really violent streak to them and the violence isn't implied anymore. It's shown...Graphically! No longer can we just use our imagination the directors now have to show every gorey detail as realistically as possible. Now I understand it's just a set and it's all special effects, but how sick and twisted do you have to be to come up with these things? How can someone just come up with the idea to dissect someone alive or torture someone endlessly like in the Saw series (which is turning into another Friday the 13th, Rambo epic)? How do people come up with this stuff? I don't care if it's nothing but special effects, you're coming up with ways to torture, scar, and/or kill someone! It just seems sick and twisted to me. So thats my rant about movies.
Oh and what's the deal with Disney buying Marvel? I just can't see the X-men and Mickey mouse or the Incredible Hulk and Goofy in the same 'family', that pairing seems really weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Logan stabbing Mickey... (Even though I do like mIckey Mouse) I agree, the should be seperate. Maybe just hte company will own marvel and not iterfire... maybe.... hopefully...
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, I liked Dist. 9 but I can understand hte violence. But then again, when does that stuff bother me ya know? But I amglad you up date... even though we txt 20/7
I saw the trailer and that was enough for me. It appears to be some sort of political commentary on discrimination. It might have been more effective without all the gore.
ReplyDelete